Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Movie Crazy Hyderabad

Hyderabadis are crazy about movies. Thrice we returned from Cinema halls without watching a movie, because of unavailability of tickets.

Van Helsing which was a disaster in US of A, is a super hit here. Any movie released, runs to full houses for atleast couple of weeks.

There is an excellent IMAX multiplex near Hussain Sagar Lake, but half of the twin city can be seen fighting for a ticket there.

What option do we have? Enter Super Seva. They take care of everything for people like us. You want your RTO documents cleared, you want to buy a railway/bus/air/movie ticket, you want to walk your dog, floss your cat. They will do it for you.

This time I don't want to drive all the way to Prasadz and come back without watching a movie. Super Seva will be given a chance to do some seva and book Ocean's Twelve tickets for us.

Because of the above mentioned reasons, normally I prefer watching movies at home. We rented this DVD of "Big Fish" and saw the movie at Amit's place on weekend. I think its Tim Burton's best movie, better than "Sleepy Hollow" and "Edward Scissorhands".

That reminds me, I am looking for a VCD/DVD of "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest"....But I guess I won't get it in Hyderabad. Maybe Landmark in Bangalore is the place.