Friday, August 12, 2005

Murphy at work

Never, never plan things well in advance. Why? you may ask. Well, because stupid things can ruin your well planned plans. The weekend before last weekend, I was supposed to be in Pune to meet "P". Well, we were looking forward to this trip and when I reached the railway station the receptionist with a devilish smile told me that all the trains to Mumbai/Pune were cancelled. I was thunderstruck in Hyderabad by the rains in Mumbai/Pune. No pun intended.

Now, tomorrow "P" was supposed to be here with couple of her friends and again we planned everything meticulously and what happens? The plan goes for a toss and we can't meet. When you really long for something there is a very high possibility that you won't get it. Ever heard of Murphy's Laws?

So what am I supposed to do now over the long weekend. Well, get drunk, eat like pig and watch movies.

Again as I mentioned earlier in one of my post, getting a ticket in Hyderabad for watching a movie is a very tough task, tougher than making Sunny Deol dance. So what option do I have, sit at home, rent some DVDs and get depressed alone over the long weekend. Why alone? Because most of the friends are out to their native places.