Monday, February 28, 2005

Of the Oscars.......

Getting nominated seven times for an Oscar and never winning one is a rare fit not everyone can achieve. I don't know why the Oscar guys hate Martin Scorsese so much.

I haven't seen "Million Dollar Baby", so can't really say if Clint Eastwood deserved the best director Oscar. But Scrosese's direction for "The Aviator" is mind blowing. Don't miss the movie at any cost. "Leonardo DiCaprio" is brilliant as the eccentric businessman Howard Hughes. I think he is the most underrated actor currently in Hollywood. After watching "The Aviator" I was pretty sure he will bag home the Oscar. Again I haven't seen "Ray", so can't say if "Jamie Foxx" was better than "DiCaprio".

Read somewhere that "Black" is Sanjay Lila Bansali's yet another attempt at Oscar. If that is the case, I am disappointed. The movie is good, but don't think will even get shortlisted for the final round if it is India's entry to the Oscars. I think SLB tried too hard. Mr. Amitabh Bachhan delivers an impeccable performance once again. Rani is impressive, but the highlight of the movie is Ayesha Kapoor. A good movie but could have been better.