Monday, February 21, 2005

Boys Of Summer

Summer time...
Hot Afternoons...
T-Shirts and Cargos...
Empty Streets...
Watercoolers and AC...
Dull Weekends...
Crowded evenings...
Weak Appetite...
Cold drinks...
Tons of Water...

I hate summer.

Thank God good part of my day is spent in the office. Last weekend I suddenly realized summer is here, when I went out to grab something for lunch at 1PM. The streets were empty and so were most of the shops. Go out for couple of minutes in the blistering sun and the experience drains out every ounce of energy you had in you.

I wonder how is it gonna be in April/May? ( I have seen the worse during my Pilani days, though )

This heat leaves me no option but to watch movies on weekends. Saw five of them the last weekend. Barry Levinson's "Rainman" and "Wag The Dog". Both movies were good but could have been made better.

Best of the lot was the classic "Oliver" which is based on "Olivers Twist" by "Charles Dickens". If you love musicals, this is a must watch. Mind blowing music and choreography. My another favourite musical being "West Side Story".

And the modern classic "Pulp Fiction". Have seen it N number of times and everytime I watch it, I get a bang out of it.