Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Bye Bye Pune

I am packing my stuff. My stay at Pune was awesome. Made some really great friends. But as they say "All good things must come to an end". I will be leaving my current employer and joining a firm in Hyderabad. Moving out of Pune on Thursday.

Your first job always has this special place in your heart. Fresh out of college and they mould you to take on the professional world. Its so different. Things which they teach us in engineering are rarely applied in real life scenario. Learned some really great stuff in this company. People say that three years is a long period when it comes to sticking with a software firm. Can't say, atleast in my case it was pretty fast. Before I realized I had spent three years in this company. But got to move on.

And need I talk about Pune. Its a great place. My stay here will be etched in my memory forever.

Things which I will miss.....

1) Long drive to my office in Hinjewadi. Especially in the rainy season.
2) Kacchi Dabheli and Wada Pav
3) Home made food ( This is going to be tough )
4) Hanging out with college friends
5) Stroll down the F.C. road after visiting British Library.

If oppurtunity knocks, will definitely consider coming back to Pune. But for the time being I will call it a stay.

Define irony. I am listening to this great song by "Simon and Garfunkel"......

I'm sitting in a railway station.
Got a ticket to my destination.
On a tour of one-night stand, my suitcase and guitar in hand.
And every stop is neatly planned for a poet and a one-man band.
Homeward bound,
I wish I was,
Homeward bound.

Adios Pune.