Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Mondegreens

Question: What are Mondegreens?
Answer: They are the mangled, minunderstood, misheard and mispronounced lyrics.


There is a pretty good collection on the web. Believe me its really funny. I couldn't control my laugh after reading couple of them.

Some Mondegreens for you.....

'Scuse me while I kiss this guy.
Actual lyric:'Scuse me while I kiss the sky.
Artist: Hendrix ( Purple Haze )

Are you going to starve an old friend?
Actual lyric: Are you going to Scarborough Fair?
Artist: S&G ( Scarborough Fair )

Home, where my love lies waiting, Simon, weep for me.
Actual lyric: Home, where my love lies waiting, silently for me.
Artist: S&G ( Homeward Bound )

I shot the Sheriff, but I didn't shoot him dead you see.
Actual lyric:I shot the Sheriff, but I didn't shoot the deputy.
Artist: Clapton ( I shot the Sheriff )


KissThisGuy has got a huge collection of Mondegreens. Have a blast !!!